Get Me to Napier and Hawke’s Bay.
Whether your interest is Culture and Heritage, Food and Wine, Nature and Wildlife or something more active there is plenty for you to enjoy.
Remember when planning your itinerary a stay of:
- 1 night allows half a day of exploring.
- 2 nights allows a whole day.
- 3 nights allows two days to explore.
So what do you want to do?
- Art Deco Walk. At 10 am, 2 pm and in the summer 5 pm join the enthusiastic, experienced guides to learn about, sunbursts, ziggurats, speed lines and how Napier was before February 3 1931.
- Take a stroll down the Marine Parade Rotary Walkway to the National Aquarium, enjoying the vista across the deep green Pacific Ocean. Meet a kiwi in the Kiwi House and get up close to many varieties of fish and don’t forget to seek out the sea horses.
- And a must see, the new Hawke’s Bay Museum opening in September so do allow time to explore this exciting addition to Napier’s attractions.
Wine, food and scenery:
- Join a guide for a tour of exquisite Boutique Wineries or alternatively we will provide you with a self drive tour, taking in some of the best scenery the Bay has to offer, as well as a variety of wineries, an historic woolshed, the charming Havelock North Village, with the must do Te Mata Peak look out and our sister city Hastings.
Nature and Wildlife:
- Gannet Colony. Hawke’s Bay boasts a large on shore Gannet Colony. These elegant birds are a sight to behold and can be visited in one of three ways:
- Depending upon the tide you can take a 5 hour return walk along the beach or the Tractor Journey organised by Gannet Beach Adventures or twice a day at 9.30 am and 1.30 pm you can travel in a comfortable 4 wheel drive vehicle over land to the colony with Gannet Safaris.
- Golf: Whatever your budget there are a number of golf options available including the world famous Cape Kidnappers course.
- White Water Rafting on the Mohaka.
- Fishing: The Hawke’s Bay region has a great diversity of fishing opportunities.
- Cycling: Come cycle the trails or visit wineries. We have two cycles available and can recommend a number of operators who will pick you up and take you to the area you want to visit.
The wonder of the aquarium. The Gannets upclose.